I recently moved into a 3rd-grade classroom and I am loving it! I'm working with an amazing team who all have different specialities, expertise, and passions. My one colleague, I'll call him Mr. Sam, is a math-tech genius and has been helping me incorporate math centres.
One of my math centres include a "Technology" station. My boyfriend's sister's son (mouthful, I know!) is in 3rd-grade so I've been sharing with her some fun things we're doing in math so her son can get more engaged in his math practice. I decided to compile them here in case you have a 3rd-grader who could use some fun engaging games to help with his or her math practice! This is an on-going list so hopefully you'll see some updates periodically throughout the year. Please also comment below if you know any that I could add into my classroom!
Sushi Monster - This is a fun way for students to work on multiplication and addition math practice! The only thing is, that's all they have. There isn't any subtract or division but you can use this to establish a basis for these facts that can then roll over into fact families for subtraction and division. This can be used on most Apple products and easy to locate in the App Store. It's free and doesn't ask for personal or private information to sign-up!
Prodigy (https://play.prodigygame.com/) for iPad or computer.
- Free
- Placement test
- Easy to set up
- Engaging
- Math practice
- Tracks progress
![]() |
| The site mentions that 300+ questions per school year shows the greatest improvement (prodigygame.com) so it encourages lots of opportunities for students to practice. |
![]() |
| Really easy for teachers to set up accounts! |
![]() |
| Interface is quite basic and easy to navigate and input answers. |
![]() |
| Graphics are old school and cute |




Comments
Post a Comment